A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Stories of the Day

Here it is - 9 pm on Friday night and I haven't done my daily documentation of life with the critters.  Here are the stories of the day from the zoo:

Zoey is still cranky from her vet visit - it takes awhile for her to get over her bad moods so she has been snarly and growly with the kitties and the ferrets.  She did, however, enjoy the bite of french fry that I gave her...

Clooney is laying here with me while I type this.  He has been out and about today but not a lot - I don't think his old bones like this cold, cold weather!

Emma has been barking at all things real or imagined and scratching on the carpet - but she seems fine from her episode earlier this week.  She is tucked into bed under our bed and is sacked out.

Violet and I had some one on one play time today.  She does love to wrestle and play!

Theo was his usual sweet to me and mean to the hubs today.  He is very soft and gentle with me, rarely biting these days - with the hubs - not so much.  He wants to play rough and tumble.  Hubs does not find this to be entertaining.

It was not all that exciting here in critter land today.  The humans had too much work to do and now the whole household is pooped.  As a part of my nightly ritual - I like to put hands on each critter before I turn in to make sure they are accounted for and healthy.  I couldn't find the baby ferrets - Theo, Vi and Finn.  After looking in a few of their favorite spots I hit the ferret jackpot.  They are staying warm on this winter evening:


This is behind the TV cabinet - on the left - the stash of toys they have hidden back there.  The dark body with his head under the teddy bear is Finn, Violet is on the top and Theo is the one on his back.  They are too sweet.

Madison has come up for a visit - she is bummed there is no one to play with...

No comments: