A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Styrofoam - Oh My!!

I built a new cabinet for my dining room and the box and the packing materials - especially the Styrofoam - are quite popular with the ferrets.  They have been in and out of the box at least 1000 times and they have had a fantastic time scratching the Styrofoam to bits inside the giant box.  They come out covered in it and create quite a mess but they are having so much fun its worth whatever cleanup is required.  Now - let me just state that my ferrets are not often chewers/eaters of things that would cause them to become ill (Clooney does love red licorice but we hide it now that we know) but I have read that some ferrets like to chew up all sorts of things and I would guess Styrofoam might be in that mix.  My little ones scratch it but they don't eat it so its safe for them to play.

Here are a few photos of Theo and Clooney - Vi, Finn and Maddie played as well but weren't there when the camera was out:














No comments: