A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, January 20, 2014

One Month

It's been a month since we lost our sweet Nigel.  My how I miss that little pokey critter.  Life at the zoo is cranking along.  It feels wrong that we just keep on going - somehow disloyal to the impact that Nigel had on our world.  But, alas - I think that is the way we feel whenever we have a loss - human, furry or otherwise.

The critters seem to be okay after his passing.  I have put all of his blanket and toys out for the ferrets and cats to snuggle in and play with.  For the first couple of weeks they avoided, but now I am finding ferrets curled up and sleeping in his old stuff and I saw Finn playing with one of his old toys yesterday.  I would like to think that would make Nigel happy.

So - one month later there are still a few tears, lots of great memories captured in photos, blog posts and videos, and a bit of healing.

Miss you my sweet boy - I hope you and Isabel are having much fun at the rainbow bridge....

Here is a sweet video that was posted back in 2011 shortly after we got our little guy...enjoy:


No comments: