A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ailments

I guess, like people, my critters are starting to get old age ailments.  Aggie is a little slower to get up, Emma has the incessant need to nest by scratching on the carpet, Clooney sleeps a bit more than he did when he was younger....even the zookeeper has some unexplained aches and pains some days...

Emma had a strange episode yesterday morning - a little potty accident in the bedroom which NEVER happens.  Don't get me wrong - she is not above peeing in the house but never ever in our room.  That little accident was following by throwing up.  She almost never does this either - only when we go on long walks and she insists on eating grass.  She was very shaky after these happenings,  not sure if she was freaked out about the accident in our room or if that was part of the whole deal.  She got under the bed.  I left her there for a few minutes and then brought her a drink of water in a cup - she loves to drink from a cup.  She drank it right up - every drop.  When I went downstairs she followed me like normal.  We went outside and everything was normal there.  I have kept her with me all day and she has had no issues - a perfectly normal day.  Eating, drinking, playing, ate a bone, barked at whatever she could find to bark at.

So - perhaps because she does tend to have a fairly delicate stomach - her eating the Hepatic dog food like it was her last meal ever was too much of a change for her system.  That is the only thing I can think of...I will keep a close eye on her for the next few days and ask the vet what he thinks when I take Zoey in this week.

Ailments....gotta love em


No comments: